January 3 - Principals Update
Greetings Greene Families,Happy New Year, and welcome to the Spring Semester of 2022! We hope everyone was able to enjoy the break, connect with loved ones, and rest and recharge. As we return to school in the face of this latest Covid surge, it is more important than ever that all Greene students follow all Greene/PAUSD Health and Safety protocols. Please review these with your students in preparation for return to school on Wednesday morning.
- Students must wear a mask (Gator masks are not effective protection against Covid-19) covering their mouths and noses at all times on school grounds, unless they are outdoors, at least 6 ft. from the closest person.
- There is no eating in the interior hallways. Students must keep their masks on while indoors.
- ID/Lanyard must be worn at all times and visible to school staff.
- Restroom capacity is limited to two students at a time. Students understand they are to place their ID/Lanyard on the hook on the restroom door to indicate the restroom is occupied.
- Students should continue to park their bikes in designated grade-level bike cages.
- During brunch and lunch, students must stay in their designated grade-level eating areas.
- Students should utilize our hand washing stations throughout campus, and wash their hands frequently, especially before and after eating.
firstname.lastname@example.org) in the case of an absence. We’d also like to encourage all students to make regular Covid testing a part of their routine. As a reminder, on Tuesdays, our Greene Covid Clinic will be operational from 8:30-3:30 for staff and students near Room N-1, including tomorrow, Tuesday, January 4th. Classes begin on Wednesday 1/5/22. Make sure you’ve registered with Covid Clinic, and place an order for your first test. For more information, please follow this link: https://www.pausd.org/return-to-campus/covid-clinic. Additional testing is available Monday-Friday from 10am-6pm at the Cubberley Community Center. Finally, please remind your students of our special schedule this week: Special Schedule: Week of January 3 (Wednesday 1/5/22 is a Monday Bell Schedule) We will also be on a special schedule the next two weeks due to our Staff Development Day on Friday and MLK Day on the following Monday: Special Schedule: Week of January 10 & January 17 (No school for students on Fri, 1/14 and Holiday on Mon, 1/17) As a final note, the Greene JAWS after school program will resume on Tuesday January 18th, so please plan accordingly. Thank you for your attention to these important reminders as we kick off our Spring Semester. Please continue to stay healthy and safe. We look forward to seeing our students and staff on Wednesday! With much appreciation, Greene Administrative Team Sebastian Benavidez, Principal Mimi Kwon, Assistant Principal Brooke Tassa, Assistant PrincipalAs stated in the Superintendent's recent message to PAUSD Families (Please see message below), “We strongly recommend families who have traveled, attended gatherings, experienced symptoms, or suspect exposure to obtain a negative test before returning to school. If there is any doubt about your student's health, please keep them home.” Please contact the Greene attendance office (