Principals Community Update
Dear Greene Families,
I hope this message finds you well. Thank you in advance for taking a few moments to review the information below.
This update contains some new information about the following topics:
- Back to School Forms MUST BE completed
- NO SCHOOL - October 10th - PAUSD Staff Development Day
- Greene #Builder - Mrs. Andrea Carlisle
- Homework Habitat
- School Site Council
- Wellness Center Open to Support All Students
- Principal Zoom - Oct 13th @ 7 pm
- Important Dates to Remember
- Greene Welcomes New Foods and Nutrition Teacher
ACTION ITEM: Required - Back-to-School Agreements
As your child gets settled in at Greene and learns more about being a Jaguar, please take the time to sit down with your child to complete the back-to-school process.
Please complete back to school information/packet. (Parent Square message sent Wednesday, August 10th) Thank you.
Monday, October 10, 2022 - Staff Professional Development Day - No Students
Please remember that Monday, October 10th we will be closed for Staff Professional Development Day. See the bell schedule for the week of 10/10 - 10/14 below.
JAWS - Now Homework Habitat
Greene Middle School offers an after-school homework study center known as Homework Habitat
- Homework Habitat meets in the Greene Library on Mondays/Wednesdays from 2:35-4:45 p.m. and Tuesdays/ Thursdays from 3:20-4:45 p.m.
- Students must use their Binder Reminders as tickets for admission into Homework Habitat. (Students will need to fill in assignments they will be working on, prior to their arrival at Homework Habitat)
- Teachers and tutors are available to assist students with their work. Students have access to library computers and textbooks.
- A snack is provided to each student participating in Homework Habitat. Students will have an opportunity to step outside and take a snack break.
- A late bus (4:55 p.m.) is provided for students in the Voluntary Transfer Program (VTP).
Homework Habitat will hold their first session on Tuesday, September 6, 2022. Please complete a permission slip and bring it to your first visit to Homework Habitat with your binder reminder. We look forward to seeing you at Homework Habitat! Please contact Mr. Benavidez at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
- Homework Habitat Permission Slip 22-23- English
- Homework Habitat Permission Slip 22-23- Spanish
- Homework Habitat Permission Slip 22-23- Mandarin
Seeking School Site Council Representatives
Greene is looking for three parents to volunteer for the Site Council. The Site Council is a representative body made up of parents, staff, and students and is responsible for developing and monitoring the Single Plan for Student Achievement and Comprehensive School Safety Plan, allocating resources to meet the goals identified in the plan, and providing broad-based input on school effectiveness. The Site Council meets monthly via Zoom on the second Tuesday of each month from 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm.
Membership on the Council consists of four parents, students, and staff members. Parent membership consists of elected positions and one position appointed by the PTA. Elected parent members of the Site Council hold office for two years, provided that they continue to be a parent at Greene; otherwise, the term of office is one year. If you have questions about the Site Council and/or are interested in serving on the Site Council, please contact Mr. Benavidez at email@example.com
PAUSD is a member of commonsense.org Connected Schools. The Common Sense Connected School's member hub is updated weekly. The "hub" contains resources, tips, and events for educators and families to help guide students in navigating the digital age. Here is a short 2 minute "how-to use the hub" video. Parents can sign up here for the Common Sense newsletter to receive ongoing, age-specific recommendations and advice on the latest movies, TV shows, books, apps, and more.
Wellness Center - Katie's Place
The wellness center is a safe space for students to check-in with a trusting adult, take a break, destress, receive mental health support, learn about mental health, and practice wellness strategies to improve their mental health and well-being. The activities are only available during lunch.
Our first Principal's Zoom will take place on Thursday, October 13th at 7 PM, and it will include an overview of our students' return to school, as well as provide an opportunity for parents and family members to ask questions.
Thank you for your interest, involvement, and continued support of our school. If you have any questions, please reach out to any member of the Greene team.
Sebastian A. Benavidez III
Frank S. Greene Jr. Middle School