Rising 6th & 7th-Grade Math Validation Process
The registration for math placement is now closed. The validation process has started and we cannot add new entries at this time. For those participating in the process, final confirmation letters were sent out on April 14, 2022. All additional information can be found in the links below:
Links to 7th-Grade Resources
|Patricia Balbuena||6th Grade Math and Science|
|Jennifer Macatangay||6th Grade Math|
|Sarah Pierce||6th Grade Math|
|Kenny Lee||6th Grade Math/Science|
|Salma Kandil||7th Grade Math|
|Kourtney Kientzy||7th Grade Math and Instructional Lead|
|Ernesto Macias||7th Grade Math and Student Council|
|Jorie Fields||8th Grade Science and Math|
|Bonnie Finato||8th Grade Math|
|Josh Spira||8th Grade Math|
|Jin Zhu||8th Grade Math|
Students will link to the online textbook through the student portal. Parents can follow these instructions to get to the online textbooks:
- Foundational Math (alternative link > select the green book).
- Concepts in Mathematics (alternative link > select the red book).
- Math 8: Course 3 (alternative link > select the blue book).
- Algebra 1 (alternative link > select the blue and gold book).
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Attend to precision.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Model with mathematics.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.