Illness and Injury Policy
In the event that your student has an illness or injury that may limit their participation in exercise, practice, or play, please provide a note to the Teacher and School Nurse that explains the injury/illness and which activities they can/cannot participate in. If the time frame for limited participation is to exceed one week please obtain a note from a Medical Doctor.
Sixth grade students have PE and Music twice a week. Students must choose between Band, Orchestra, or Choir. Those who wish to play an instrument are encouraged to continue with the instrument they played in 5th grade. Those who wish to sing are encouraged to take Choir. All music classes meet twice a week. Students who have no experience playing a woodwind or brass instrument may choose band. Beginning students will be accommodated with small group instruction during the first weeks of school. In all three music classes, sixth grade students develop performance skills. Instruction focuses on building a strong musical foundation, reading music, developing tone, technique, and artistic skills. Students perform several times a year in evening concerts. Students in all music classes will be assessed on their musical growth throughout the year. They will be expected to demonstrate their skills through playing and singing tests, progress checks, and performance preparedness. In PE, the students are exposed to a wide variety of activities with the focus being on fitness and skill development.
Greene 8th Grade Promotion Just 1 Week Away - Thursday, June 2nd @ 6 pm
Hello Eighth Grade Families,
8th Grade Promotion is coming up soon! This message contains everything you’ll need to know for our special event as we look forward to celebrating our students.
Our Promotion Ceremony will begin promptly at 6:00 PM and conclude around 7:30 PM on Thursday, June 2. It will take place in Hugh Center Court on the Greene Middle School campus. Our ceremony will be in-person and have open seating for families. At this time, we are not planning to have tickets or a health screener to enter the audience area.
After the ceremony, all Greene 8th Grade students are invited to attend a Promotion Party near the MPR, organized by our PTA. Families will have some time to take pictures with students before students enter the party (which includes dinner, dancing, and fun activities - no tickets needed!). The Greene 8th Grade Promotion Party ends at 10:00 PM.
Prior to the last day of school, we expect students to submit all remaining school assignments and return borrowed materials. We have a special schedule for our last week of school to accommodate our class meetings, yearbook distribution, the return of materials, and practicing for promotion, and a celebratory field day.
Thursday, June 2, is the final day of school and a district-wide minimum day; Greene students will be dismissed at 12:40 PM, with lunch pickup until 1:10 PM. Students who are participating in our promotion ceremony are expected to meet back on campus (at the Greene front lawn) by 5:00 PM to line up in the proper order for the promotion processional.
Additional Promotion Details:
- Interpretation: If your family would like to request language interpretation during the ceremony, such as Mandarin, Spanish, or American Sign Language, please contact Cristina Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parking: Parking can be a challenge. We encourage you to come in groups and find parking close to school and walk.
- Pictures: A professional photographer will take a picture of each student as they walk across the stage. We request that parents not block aisles or the front of the stage area to take photos. You will receive an email with information on ordering pictures following the promotion ceremony.
- Student Attire/Dress: Promotion is a very special time in your child’s life, and we encourage students to look their best. Students should be prepared for cooler evening weather – a sweater or jacket is recommended. Select shoes that will be appropriate for walking across the grass field and stage area.
Additional Announcements for 8th grade families:
- Eighth grade students need to return at 5:00PM on Thursday, June 2nd.
Upon return to campus, check-in at the tables on the front lawn to pick up name reader cards and fill them out.
Then line up In their assigned hallway.
- Family/Guest seating for promotion ceremony is on a first come, first served basis. Street and lot parking is limited.
- Guests, please be respectful of the crowd:
- NO air horns
- NO balloon arrangements or large signs permitted in the crowd - it blocks the view of others
- DO NOT block walkways, there are photographers who will take a photo of students when they cross the stage
- After the ceremony, pick up student promotion certificates on the front lawn. Tables are labeled by team and student last name.
- If students were signed up to participate in the Promotion Party, it ends at 10:00PM – please arrive promptly for student pick up!
Thank you for your interest, involvement, and continued support of our school. If you have any questions, please reach out to any member of the Greene team.
Sebastian A. Benavidez III
Frank S. Greene Jr. Middle School
Additional Contact Information:
Mimi Kwon, 6th Grade Administrator (email@example.com)
Brooke Tassa - 7th Grade Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Carolyn Chang, 6th Grade Counselor (email@example.com)
Susan Curry, 7th Grade Counselor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Kylie Payne, 8th Grade Counselor (email@example.com)
Angel Luong, Greene Health Technician (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PTA Funded 8th Grade Promotion Party
Dear 8th Grade Students,
Congratulations on your upcoming promotion ceremony! The celebration to cap off your middle school years is near!
We’re excited to give your class the best send off possible with a fabulous Promotion Party! You can look forward to a fun-filled evening with delicious food, yummy snacks, DJ spinning your favorite songs, exciting games, fantastic prizes, a cool photo booth and more.
All 8th Grade Greene Students are invited!
When: June 2, 2022 (Thursday), 7.30pm - 10.00pm
Where: Greene Middle School E wing to check in
A few things to note:
- This event is fully funded (is free to Greene 8th grade students) by the PTA, no purchase of tickets is necessary
- ALL 8th grade Greene students (only) are invited.
- Cell phones are allowed
- Students can bring a change of comfortable clothes and change in the bathrooms at school.
- Bags must be checked in at the Bag Check In. No bags allowed in the party area.
- Like school dances, once you enter the party, you may not leave until the end of the party at 10:00pm.
- Day of Process
- Enter through E wing to check in & get lanyards
- In the lanyard, there will be 1 ice cream ticket & 10 free prizes/raffles tickets
- Some of the exciting raffles & prizes are:
- Apple AirPods
- Day at the Salon
- Warriors Gift Card
- Lots of Gift Cards
The unique contribution of physical education to each individual’s total education progress is that of developing an appreciation for one’s own physical fitness, as well as creating an interest in and an enjoyment of physical activities for lifelong recreational purposes. Students will learn the importance of positive sportsmanship and cooperation, including respect for one another. Students will be provided an introductory exposure to a wide variety of activities, including team sports, individual and dual sports, and aquatics. Seventh grade is also the year students participate in the California State Physical Fitness Testing.
The unique contribution of physical education to each individual’s total education progress is that of developing an appreciation for one’s own physical fitness, as well as creating an interest in and an enjoyment of physical activities for lifelong recreational purposes. Students will learn the importance of positive sportsmanship and cooperation, including respect for one another. Students will be provided an introductory exposure to a wide variety of activities, including team sports, individual and dual sports, and aquatics.