Getting to Greene Safely
In 2021, 81% of Greene students walked, rode, carpooled, or bused to school
- Helpful Information: Below are lessons that students will receive during class, but we ask that parents review the information below to with their children to reinforce safety.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR A HELMET! Use this guide to ensure that your childs helmet fits properly.
- Middle School Bike Safety Presentation - This presentation is given to all 6th-Grade students, but is great to review before the school year.
- PAUSD Bike Safety Letter (Click here for the letter in Spanish)
- Suggested walk and roll routes to Greene (PDF Copies can be accessed below. We encourage all parents to ride the route with their children before the first day of school to ensure they can take the safest route to school.
- PTA Bike Safety Clinic: On Monday, August 8th at 4:30 PM, the PTA and the City of Palo Alto will be hosting a Bike Safety Clinic in the MP Courtyard. Students and Parents can bring their helmets for a proper fitting and their bikes to learn the ABC Quick Check. Volunteers will also be available to answer questions about the City’s Safe Routes to Greene and assist with the City’s Bike Registration program. If you would like to help with this event, please sign up HERE.
- Bike Registration: Register your bike with the Palo Alto Palo Alto Police Department so that it can be returned to you in case of theft.
Lock up your Bike: Students riding or biking to school are a strongly encouraged to bring and use a bike lock.